Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Byron Bay

Today I'm in Byron Bay-a little surfer town that's not as intimidating or as dirty as Surfer's Paradise. I had a rough night in a loud, obnoxious hostel and trying to decide what to do next. I've had a few things happen along the way I've been worried about-broken eardrum from one of my flights and today I've had some really bad lower back pain. I scheduled a massage and after wandering around town realized I booked the most expensive in town. Awesome! I'm hoping it will help. The last concern is money-it's hard to keep track of what I'm actually spending.

I forgot to mention that yesterday was the Melbourne Cup. It's a major horse race that the entire country stops everything for. Basically everyone dresses up and goes out and for maybe 10 minutes they get to watch a horse race. It was funny because right when it started I was wandering the empty streets in Surfer's Paradise trying to find internet. Everyone was crowded around TVs and I couldn't care less-they thought I was crazy. I also decided I'd try to read some classics that I missed in high school-the smallest I could find was "Wuthering Heights" and I'm almost done. Kind of depressing, but that should be expected for the classics I guess!

I'm having a hard time posting pictures-I'll try later so everyone can see what a wombat looks like. I'm off to figure out what's next!

No comments: