Sunday, November 30, 2008

Last stop-Tauranga

So these are my last few hours before heading back to civilization. A few things I won't miss: mullets, hot and cold water coming out of different faucets, and unclear road signs. Things I will miss: dramatic mountain landscapes, the smell of the ocean, driving through a canyon and attempting to eat greasy fish and chips, the somewhat annoying kiwi accent, the choice between a full or half flush, kiwi radio, drinkable yogurt, cheese, licorice, and living out of a car. I enjoyed another day at Taupo-they had a bike race so it was a very busy place to be. I also tried to reach Elvor several times (friend from Skagway 6 years ago) but after a few hours of not being able to, I gave up. If something takes too much effort I just don't see the point after a while! She's had a lot of doctor's appointments making it difficult to find a good time to meet up. I think she was offended, but I tried to explain my end of it. My time has been short and I feel happy with what I have done and seen. I've heard from everyone that I have seen New Zealand so fast, but to me it's been perfect. Next time I'll remember to bring my own personal photographer so I can sometimes be in the photos.

No comments: