Sunday, November 23, 2008

Kaikoura take two




I'm back in this little town and I'm pretty exhausted. I drove all the way from Queenstown, even stopping to grab a picture of Mt. Cook. It's warmer than it was last week, but the sun is still hesitant to come out. I'm hoping I can soak up a little during one of my stops before I have to leave in a week. I wanted to stay at a different hostel-this one is really cozy and the owners are super friendly. I did end up driving a monster truck! I stopped in and chatted with the 2 guys running the company-Ian is a stunt driver and just finished doing a couple commercials-one is for the new mini cooper which should be on in the states soon. The other is for a Red Bull competitor called "V". He told me all sorts of stories and got me excited to drive a purple Taurus (it's a Chevy)-an experience I couldn't do anywhere else. He's quite the talker and persuaded me to go for it. It was a lot of fun, but I have to admit that the jumpsuit really made the experience worth it. I'll post pictures, don't worry! Looks like I could be taking the ferry back to the north island tomorrow or Wednesday. I just have to be sure I get to see a couple more people and maybe stop in a few towns that I really liked. Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving-save me some pie!

No comments: