Friday, November 14, 2008

Ready to hike!




Today I spent a little too much time with Gunnar (I was close!). We drove to Nelson and immediately went to WOW-World of WearableArts (and car museum). I told him he didn't have to go but he insisted-it ended up not really being his thing. I knew it! I loved it-(Katherine, you should have been there!!!) my favorite was the Bizarre Bra Collection. The had one called "Busted" and on one side there was a pistol and the other a large sheriff badge. So great! Or another with 2 faucets called "She runs hot and cold" I'll check out the website, but it was by far the best museum I've seen this trip, which sadly, isn't that hard to beat. Gunnar then took me to Hell-a pizza place in town. I ordered the greed pizza-double cheese, pineapple and ham (of course). I could have left him then but his friends were at work. We went back into the city and wandered. There was a cathedral-not very unique but there was a wedding finishing up and the organist was practicing, so that was cool. Went on a little walk by the beach, then finally dropped him off. I forgot how exhausting it is to be with someone with such a strong accent-you really have to listen to what they're saying, almost like translating. Made me miss little Eva Fiedler! I decided to head closer to a trail I'll hike tomorrow. Didn't realize the road ends and you have to hike in. I'm hoping I won't have to hike in and out, but be able to take a catamaran out or something. I'm staying at the most expensive hostel yet and have to sleep on the top bunk. Hoping for an early morning!

2 comments:

The Pen Pal II said...

Wow! sounds like your having an adventure anyway! Soak in as much as you can, of everything of interest to you while your there. I sometimes wonder if "I'll ever get out of here!" Aunt Becky

Stapletons said...

You were "close" to kissing him? Or killing him?
:)