Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween in Bundaberg




So I met up with Andrew on Friday-there was a Halloween party a bunch of people from church were having. It ended up being very good-I was really impressed with the haunted house they did in their backyard and the costumes. I think I saw 2 little girls dressed up the whole day, so I was surprised to see anyone getting into the holiday.

Yesterday, we spent the day in the water. Everyone went swimming in the river while I watched. Then we went to the beach where I waded up to my knees. Then went to another beach for snorkeling-which I actually tried for the first time. This was a little tricky and I think I panicked about not getting enough air, so I didn't stay under long enough to see anything. The problem was trying to get out-there were some waves and I kept getting smashed against the rocks. Very graceful-I got cut up a bit but at least I tried it out!

I'm trying to contact a few friends I met in Alaska and see them today. Otherwise, I'm heading to Byron Bay to enjoy the beach. To be honest, I'm really enjoying the rain today-it's a nice break from the hot sun!



1 comment:

MK said...

Sounds like fun! I am glad you met up with Andrew! Have fun and be safe - I am such a wuss, I couldn't be that far from home by myself!