Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Napier-home to Americans and Asians


I couldn't believe how many Americans were in this town today-and I didn't even have to hear them speak, you could just tell! Didn't really put it all together until I saw a sign in a store welcoming everyone from the cruise ship "Millenium" Made me miss a windy town up north. Actually, the last 2 nights with 60 mph winds has made me miss it more. I've had to move my car every 2 hours because I won't pay for parking. After doing this the first time I noticed my back tire was flat. And guess what?! The rental company won't pay for damage to tires! Thinking I'd have to pay hundreds of dollars, I drove the car (yes, I know that's bad) to a Firestone place and they said they'd "have a look." In less than 20 minutes they had patched up the tire, filled all the other ones, checked my fluids, and even cleaned my "windscreen"! And it was FREE! No wonder I keep coming back to this place-it's amazing! What tire place does that or am I just clueless? I may stay here another day because I won't be able to meet up with a friend from Skagway, then head to Rotorua for some real culture, then Mt. Maunganui to see Elvor. That should wrap things up!

No comments: