Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sheep shearing show, anyone?




I made it to Kaikoura today-beautiful backdrop of mountains. I slept in my car by the water, like other camper vans, but didn't sleep well because the wind picked up so much it was rocking the car. There's a seal colony here, so I drove out and watched the seals a little bit. I won't be doing much walking or hiking today because my feet are so sore. That's what 6 hours of hiking will do! That trail (Abel Tasman Track) was gorgeous and if I had more time, I'd do the whole 51 kilometers! Got some great pictures, but I'll have to post later. Seems anywhere I tend to stay doesn't have good USB ports. Looks like it will be kind of a lazy day today, maybe a drive in the mountains. I may get to Christchurch tomorrow-we'll see how much I like it here.

No comments: