Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Good on ya!




I decided to hang out a little longer in Q-town. It's gorgeous here, even reminds me a little of Skagway. I did a little hike once I arrived yesterday, walked around town, then found
a hostel close to town. I did a very brave thing and went out to a bar all by myself! There was live music and a pretty good crowd. I ended up chatting with a bunch of Irish guys and made sure to sneak out once it got creepy. Today I enjoyed a really nice hike to Mt. Crichton. I've noticed that they'll have a sign showing how much time the hike should take. So I make sure to beat it every time! I think this one said 2-4 hours and I made it in 1 1/2. I was pretty proud of that! It's a gorgeous sunny day, although a little chilly. It's tempting to buy a nice winter coat when they're on sale now, so I'll be thinking about that. The weather might not be too bad for Milford Sound, so I may head that way tomorrow.

2 comments:

the dutson five said...

What an adventure! (Still jealous :)
Looks so so beautiful!

Stapletons said...

Ooooh! So beautiful!